Living Independently for Today & Tomorrow (LIFTT) is proud announce that Billings-based Independent Living Specialist (IL) Tara Robison is now a certified Living Well in the Community (LWC) facilitator.
Congratulations Tara! As a certified LWC facilitator, Tara is equipped to teach the ten-week LWC workshop to disabled persons who want to set goals to support their overall quality of life and well-being.
By attending the workshop, participants will learn to
- Identify what is meaningful to you and then set quality life goals for improving your life.
- Make progress toward the goals you set by applying problem-solving skills and managing emotions like frustration and discouragement, feelings that can get in the way of reaching goals.
- Discover tools and skills that can make goal achievement easier, like communicating effectively and finding significant resources.
- Explore ways to improve your overall health by changing daily habits.
- Practice self-advocacy and systems advocacy to help them make changes that can support you and others in living well.
In-person and zoom workshops are in the process of being scheduled for 2023! If you or someone you know would be interested in attending the Living Well in the Community Workshop contact Tara Robison at (406) 294-5192 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Living Independently for Today & Tomorrow (LIFTT): LIFTT is a Montana 501(c)3 corporation organized as a Center for Independent Living (CIL). With team members based in Billings, and Glendive, LIFTT provides people with disabilities with programs and services that help empower them to break down the physical, bureaucratic, and cultural barriers that prevent them from being fully independent participants in their lives and communities throughout 18 counties in southeastern and southcentral Montana: Big Horn, Carbon, Carter, Custer, Dawson, Fallon, Garfield, Golden Valley, McCone, Musselshell, Powder River, Prairie, Richland, Stillwater, Wibaux, and Yellowstone. For more information, please visit liftt.org or download our mobile app on Apple or Google Play.